To demonstrate leadership in the division you are assigned to through staff management and job management using positive reinforcement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with Inspectors, Subcontractors, DOT personnel, and engineers as needed.
- Communicate effectively with employees to ensure smooth production.
- Ability to read plans and proposals and carry through the details on the entire project.
- Set up suppliers for water, fuel, parts,etcc... look for economical lodging.
- Enforce disciplinary action when needed.
- Daily and Weekly repports including entering time in for your employees.
- Conducts EEO meetings and Safety meetings consistently or designates another person to conduct meetings.
- Monitors Traffic Control Plan.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsements, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, & fuel reports.
- Ability to make sound decisions if or when challenges arise on the job.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, use of internet and e-mail.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed
- Must be able to stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver on or around equipment & be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Extensive travel and long hours away from home.
- Noisy environment.