Rumble Strip Machine Operator
To operate a rumble strip machine with the highest priority of achieving accuracy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operation of rumble strip machine with minimal supervision once trained.
- Interact with inspectors, DOT personnel, and engineers as needed.
- Communicate with broom operator to ensure smooth production.
- Inspect and maintain equipment.
- Determination of changing the cutting teeth.
- Must know the specs on all jobs and how to measure the rumbles.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsements, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, & fuel reports.
- Ability to make decisions in difficult rumbling conditions.
- Mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds or more as needed.
- Must be able to stand or walk on pavement for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver on or around equipment & be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Extensive travel and long hours away from home.
- Noisy environment, need ear plugs.