The procurement of parts and equipment for all projects in the shop and in the field as needed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to analyze most appropriate and practical purchases of parts for jobs or projects.
- Locate construction equipment for the field to buy or rent if breakdowns occur or otherwise.
- Price and order parts as needed.
- Keep accurate records of purchases.
- Pick up parts from vendors safely and in an efficient and organized fashion.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Operate overhead crane for loading and unloading heavy parts.
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsement, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, and fuel reports.
- Above average communication skills with vendors.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations with an emphasis on load securement.
- Negotiating skills for best pricing.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, use of internet and e-mail.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed.
- Approximately 50% office and 50% local travel.