To maintain and repair all highway heavy construction equipment for the company.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on semi tractors, trailers, and various other construction equipment.
- Diesel and gas engine diagnostics and repairs with computer diagnostics if needed.
- Documentation of all repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and welding experience.
- Price and order parts when needed.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Read blue prints and schematics of electrical and hydraulics.
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsement, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, and fuel reports.
- Make practical decisions on whether to repair or replace components based on safety, time lines and cost.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations..
- Technical degree, 1- 3 years experience or extensive mechanical ability.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, use of internet and e-mail.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed
- Must be able to stand or walk on pavement for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver on or around equipment & be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Extensive travel and long hours away from home.
- Noisy environment.