May include the use of equipment such as: Jack hammers, power tools, welders, hand tools, shovels, flagger carts, crash trucks, material handling devices and other as assigned.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must assist equipment operators with minimal supervision once trained.
- Have a high level of awareness of where other workers are on the job site at all times.
- Communicate with DSI drivers to ensure smooth production.
- Inspect and maintain equipment routinely.
- Flagger duties as assigned.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Positive driving record.
- Ability to make decisions in difficult situations.
- Mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Minimum of Health Card to operate trucks or combinations over 10,000 lbs.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed
- Must be able to stand or walk on pavement for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver on or around equipment & be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Bending and stooping on a regular basis.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Extensive travel and long hours away from home.
- Noisy environment.